We all know that getting a massage feels great and if we could, most of us would probably get one every day! Unfortunately, due to financial reasons and time constraints, most of us don’t get a massage nearly as often as we need. Massages have far more benefits than simply relaxing us though. This is especially true in the workplace due to the amount of time we have to remain in one position, workplace stresses. Massages can significantly improve performance and employee satisfaction and if your employer hasn’t set up an in-office massage program yet, they should! Here’s a few reasons why that should be an obvious choice for them, we’re sure you’ll agree with us!
Why You Should Get an On-Site Massage
- Reduces stress–by a whopping 85%!
- Decreases anxiety and depression–Reduces anxiety by 26% and depression scores also improve by 28% after the massage.
- Relieves muscle tension and pain–48% decrease in back pain and tension.
- Improves quality of sleep- Improvement in sleep quality by 28%.
- Relieves headaches- Headaches are decreased by an average of 48%.
- Lowers blood pressure- An average of a 6% drop in blood pressure.
- Prevents repetitive strain injuries- Reduces the occurrence of repetitive stress injuries by 37%.
- Increases immune function- Your body’s cells perform 35% better at immune functions.
- Treats carpal tunnel and tendonitis- a decrease in pain and discomfort by 14%.
- Increases focus, energy and mental clarity- Increased alertness, speed and accuracy on math computations following treatment.
Help Yourself to a Better Today!
With all these benefits, it’s important to make sure that you do get a regular massage. If a full body or in-office massage aren’t possible then give yourself one! Here’s a couple tricks and tips for relieving neck pain!
Start by locating a quiet place in your home or office. Begin by inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly. Signal your sympathetic nervous system that everything is okay and that you can relax by making your exhales slightly longer than your inhales. This breathing technique by itself is often successful at relieving a great deal of stress and tension from your body. From this relaxed state, try these massage exercises
- Place the palm of your left hand where you feel the most tension along the back of your neck. With your thumb parallel to your other fingers, gently squeeze your neck and rotate your head to the right. Hold this position for 1 full breath before returning to center and then turning your head to the left. Repeat as often, and you need until you feel relaxed. Only light pressure is necessary, this should feel good, not painful!
- If that wasn’t enough to relax and ease your muscles, place the knuckles of the right index finger and middle finger just below your right ear (it helps to make a fist). Take a deep breath in, and as you exhale, slowly turn your head to the left. Hold for 1 breath, then return your head to center. Repeat 5-7 times on both sides There is no need to press hard with your knuckles. The muscles will massage themselves across your knuckles as you turn your head.
Get Better, Long-Term Relief!
If you’re an employer looking to improve the lives and performance of your employees, call On-Site Massage, the chair massage therapist of Utah. We understand that it’s important to make sure each person is feeling their best. When they are feeling their best, they are putting their best efforts forward. We can help your company flourish. Let our corporate chair massage in Utah be the answer that you have been looking for to reward and show appreciation to yourself and those hard-working employees. Call On-Site Massage today!